Saturday, October 27, 2012

Well on the Home Front

Blogging has been my passion in times past.  Well for that matter, writing has been my passion.  While life takes it twists and turns however I find passion being laid by the wayside to deal with more pressing things.  You feel that way?  I figure you do. 

My husband is doing great on the medication he is on for dementia.  Knowing him before the meds and now, would lead me to believe he doesn't need it.  He is more alert and involved in life than he has been in a long time.  Recently he had a rough week-end, but kept telling me it was something he ate.  We held off about calling the paramedics, and opted to see a Doctor on Monday.  I'm not sure, hind sight being 20/20 we should have waited, but too late to look back now for sure.

While the Doctor was seeing him on Monday, he had a heart attack.  The Doctor went into action quickly, called the cardiologist who agreed to see him at the hospital.  He called the paramedics, both Conway fire and ambulance showed up and it was code blue for awhile (if I understand code blue that is....).  The medics took him through the emergency room, and straight into the OR where the cardiologist Dr. Norris was waiting with his team.  They did find a 90% blockage on the back side of his heart - inserted a stent and moved him to CCU.  He stayed in Atrial Fibrallation until three weeks later when we were told yesterday he was in sinus rythm and doing fine. 

I don't like the slowing down process.  No I do not.  I watch Dr. Oz and he has all the right answers on how to live well, stay well, feel young, look young, and stay young, but by the end of the show I have forgotten what he said!!!  Now I've decided I need to start a "book club" type get-to-gether among Dr. Oz watchers only call it "THE DOCTOR OZ CLUB".  That way anyone who feels as I do could watch the program, take notes and come together to discuss what we've learned or missed or our theory of his ideas after or even before we've tried them.

My husband made the educated calculation yesterday, "by the time we bought all that stuff he talks about we wouldn't have any money for groceries."  I laughed but told him I was inclined to agree.  I want to live as long as I'm feeling well.  Don't want to be a burden on anyone.  So as long as taking a supplement and doing a few exercises would help with that desire to have vim and vigor and vitality, then it should be worth a try.  Right?

Trust life is going great for you.  You have voted or have made plans to vote.  You obeyed Second Chronicles 7:14  "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

We really do need God to intervene in and for our Nation.

Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment